Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Diaper Drive!

God is so good! Check out the "stuffed" honda! Starting December 7 I did a Diaper Drive at three different churches for our local Crisis Pregnancy Center. They are an amazing center that really cares about women. They are dedicated to communicating accurate and truthful information to those affected by an unplanned pregnancy and to provide them with physical, emotional, and spiritual support. The center is often are in need of material and financial aid, being a non-profit organization. That's where the Diaper Drive came in. Doing a diaper drive is a practical way to serve the center while raising community awareness. Because of the current financial crunch, I wasn't sure what the end result would be - some diapers and wipes or none. But I was hopeful because it doesn't cost that much to buy a couple of boxes of wipes or a bag of diapers. I was

delighted when I had to drop off two car loads of diapers at the center. I currently have a pending third load (still collecting). People were so generous! The majority of the diapers recieved were the "jumbo pack" size! It was great. Also people really paid attention to the flyer I made and were sure to buy the right sizes. The center has no need for sizes larger than 3. One of the best parts of this effort was that from just one family the center recieved $130 worth of gift cards to Wal-Mart. These are always needed. Many of the women who come to the center have had difficulty affording gas in the recent past, and it has been the distribution of these gift cards that has made it possible for them to come. I loved doing this! I was so pumped! I can't wait til next year! It was so rewarding after pouring several hours into organizing this event to have such fantastic participation. To see how many men and women really cared and eagerly wanted to help was an encouragement to me and of course to the staff at the center. I hope that this inspires you to reach out and serve your local crisis pregnancy center whether by a consistent pledge of financial support, or by volunteering, or just doing a diaper drive. Think about it and ask God how He might have you serve in this way.

No comments: