Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Outrageous LOVE!!!


When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown
O the wonderful cross,
O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross,
O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless
Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all
~by Chris Tomlin~
This is the song of my heart today, tomorrow - FOREVER!!! I am so thankful for all that God has done for me. I praise him for the fact that when I look at the cross, I am reminded that I am forever FREE!!!
He owed me nothing. My sins were hideous in the sight of my sinless Creator - Holy God. My sins separted me from knowing God and His son Jesus. I owed God a ransom for my trangressions. But there was nothing I could do to earn His favor. I knew even my "good works" were tainted and could not outweigh my bad ones. But Jesus paid my debt for me! He did for me, what I could not do for myself. He made a way for me to get to God!!! "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) My Jesus died on the cross for my sins all because of love. He suffered for me so that I did not have to. I am no longer facing eternal separtation from God...
Unreasonable, unbelievable LOVE! My heart was dying separated from Christ. Now I am united with Christ, my Father and friend. My heart was filthy, but now when God looks at me He sees that through the work of Jesus, my heart is "whiter than snow". (Psalm 51:7) I praise You LORD, for seeking me out, calling me by my name, and establishing with me a personal relationship. I LOVE YOU LORD!!!
Romans 5:7-9:
"Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!"

1 comment:

Tori said...

I tagged you!

Love yah,
Tori